The Red Room In Your Room Continues 2021
The return of our web-based series! TRRiYR arose last Spring in response to the COVID quarantine and the discontinuation of our regular Red Room events (continuous since 1996!!!). We’re having a go again to make the best of the winter isolation and ongoing pandemic. The new run will start on Thurs Jan 28 2021 and will continue for 10 weeks airing each Thursday. 3 new sets each week by artists within and without Baltimore.
As always we strive to present experimental and improvised music in every possible way one can define such things. We’ve called in on our 21 years of High Zero Festival Alumni for all new sets in high quality audio and video. Expect musics ranging from “out classical,” noise, free jazz, extended technique virtuosi, homemade instruments, sampling/tape collage, custom synthesis, and more. We emphasize artists from Baltimore and that locality but also will present folks from exotic places such as California, Japan, Lebanon and…wait for it….Canada.
- Feb 18 John Berndt (Balt), Sam Burt + Ensemble (Balt), DJ Sniff (Japan)
- Feb 25 Jeff Carey’s Executive Summary takes over tRRiYR
- Mar 4 Ian Power, Nava Dunkelman (Oakland), Jenny Graf (Copenhagen)
- March 11 Bashi Rose (Balt), Dave Serrote (Balt), Thomas Dimuzio (San Fran)
- March 18 Sharif Sehnaoui (Beirut), Deaf Beef (Toronto), Jennifer Walshe (Ireland)
- March 25 Clint Macallum (Balt), Safra Tadesse (Balt), Claire Rousay (San Antonio)
- April 1 Carrie Fucile (Balt), Leila Bordreuil (NYC), Christine Abdelnour (South France)
Thursdays with virtual “doors” @ 8:30PM EST, 9pm “showtime”
Eastern Standard Time